What is Microblading?
Microblading is a procedure that is carried out by a fully trained therapist using a handheld pen which tiny needles to mark the skin with fine hair lines. The pigment is etched into the skin and creates a natural looking semi permanent brow, eyeliner or lips.
Benefits of Microblading?
- It is done using a very fine blade therefore the results are more natural looking like hairstrokes.
- It enhances the look of eyebrows and facial features
- People who have over plucked their eyebrows or suffered from alopecia or recovering from chemotherapy will benefit greatly as it will give them a new found confidence.
- Clients will not have to worry about applying makeup/ eyebrow pencil/ eyeliner especially if they have a busy life and short on time
- Clients can have perfect eyebrows that last from about a year up to 3 depending on each person, with a top up to enhance the colour and shape again. Perfect eyebrows from the moment you wake up till the moment you go to bed!
How long does Microblading last?
The procedure is split into two appointments which are 4 to 6 weeks apart to ensure the healing of the skin in between. This varies from person to person and a colour refresh is recommended 12 to 18 months after treatment. It may last up to 2 to 3 years.
Difference between Microblading and machine style of SPMU?
Micro-pigmentation is a permanent form of either eyebrow tattooing or semi permanent method which uses a digital machine. The colour is implanted deeper into the dermal layer and lasts longer than microblading. Micropigmentation is to be retouched every 2-5 years, this procedure lasts longer and usually costs significantly more.
Microblading is a semi permanent makeup technique that falls under tattoo artistry and is carried out manually by the therapist. Microblading is only considered to be semi permanent that uses an extremely fine blade to implant pigment into the dermis.
Is Microblading right for me?
A wide variety of people have Microblading for various different reasons. Please see below for a few examples:
- Busy People – People who do not want to spend time or have time to apply makeup would benefit from Microblading. With microbladed brows their eyebrows will be perfect from the moment they wake up with zero effort.
- Sight Impairment – People with sight impairment would benefit from microblading if their eyesight is poor and they struggle to see whilst applying their makeup. The client would feel more confident knowing this is one less thing to worry about having perfect eyebrows.
- Energetic People – People whose makeup runs, especially those with oily skin or those who exercise a lot. There’s nothing much worse than going into your gym class knowing that you have to re-apply your eyebrows after you’ve finished. With this treatment clients won’t have to worry about their makeup coming off as with spmu it will always be there giving them complete confidence.
- Alopecia – People who have lost all or most of their hair would benefit from microblading. It will give them self confidence in their appearance knowing that their eyebrows are looking lovely. With the advantage of the fine feather strokes from the blading their eyebrows will look very natural like real hair.
- Glamour – It’s so common today that we all want to look and feel good about ourselves and by having a microblading treatment you can feel happy knowing you will have perfect brows without having to worry they need doing.
All treatments require a patch test 24 hours prior to appointment.